We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Validate before order?

Quenderin
2015-03-02, 05:16 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Phil @ OVH
Hello,

The validation process is usually quite fast, so long as the customer sends in the documents requested. The only reason it takes longer is that people block out relevant information on their documents, etc.

You cannot pre-register your account. It must be validated after the order is placed. As you are not in the EU or Canada, you will not be billed taxes.

Accounts are not shared between the Europe and Canada, but if you place your order through OVH.ie, you can order servers in our Canadian datacenter and pay in Euros.

Best regards,
Phil C.

That would be reasonable since you are never supposed to send those things over email.

Phil @ OVH
2015-02-21, 05:19 PM
Hello,

The rules for taxes in Europe are a bit different than in Canada. I believe you actually need to contact them after your initial order to have your account set to a tax exempt status, and they credit the taxes charged to your second order.

As for the dollar price, if you are in Canada, you pay in CAD. Anywhere outside of Canada is charged in USD.

Regards,
Phil C.

d4m1r
2015-02-20, 02:30 PM
Thanks for clearing that up as well Phil, but 2 more questions have come up while I am attempting to place an order for a VPS @ BHS via ovh.ie....

1) Before it even asks me to create an account or to enter my location, it diplays; "VAT (23 %) €2.30". When I activate my account and pay for my first month, I wouldn't actually pay that though right?

2) The price for the same package on ovh.ca is $14.99 vs 9.99 euro on ovh.ie.....Is that CAD or USD? If I order on ovh.ie and pay in euros but in the future there is some crazy currency fluctuation, could I change it to be charged $14.99 instead of 9.99 euro?

Phil @ OVH
2015-02-19, 06:36 PM
Hello,

1- All services are subject to validation.
2- All products can be ordered from the OVH.ie site.
3- We currently don't accept orders from China. All other countries are allowed.

Regards,
Phil C.

d4m1r
2015-02-19, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the reply Phil, that answers pretty much everything except a few final quesitons....

1) Are OVH Cloud servers (VPS') subject to the same verification process?

2) Am I also able to order OVH Cloud VPS in BHS from my OVH.ie account and pay in euros?

3) Are there any blacklisted countries for placing orders? Or can anybody from any country place an order at either OVH.ca or OVH.ie?

I know in the past at least, you could only place an order from a few select countries...And now it looks like I'm interested in a Windows based "Cloud" VPS over a dedicated server btw, if it makes any difference...

Phil @ OVH
2015-02-19, 06:09 PM
Hello,

The validation process is usually quite fast, so long as the customer sends in the documents requested. The only reason it takes longer is that people block out relevant information on their documents, etc.

You cannot pre-register your account. It must be validated after the order is placed. As you are not in the EU or Canada, you will not be billed taxes.

Accounts are not shared between the Europe and Canada, but if you place your order through OVH.ie, you can order servers in our Canadian datacenter and pay in Euros.

Best regards,
Phil C.

d4m1r
2015-02-19, 10:42 AM
Hey all, I was told the OVH "identity validation" process is fairly strict and can take a few days to complete...So I have a few questions;

1) Can I complete this process in advance? The server I currently want is sold out, but can I register an OVH customer account and complete the verification now (without placing an order)? So when I see the server I want available, I can immediately place an order from my verified account.

2) Is there a link to do so? It seems the forum account is not the same as a ovh.com customer account? I can't see where I would register a customer account without placing an order....

3) During the validation process, do they decide if I have to pay VAT/taxes at that point? For example, I am outside Canada and the European Union, so if I wanted a dedicated server from Canada (BHS), I would not pay European Union VAT nor any Canadian taxes, right?

4) Are customer accounts shared between OVH.ca and OVH.ie? I am looking at getting 1 server in Canada and another in Europe, so will I have to create and validate 2 totally seperate accounts? I want to order via OVH.ie because the currency is euros instead of pounds and it is in English by default.