We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

So you Start, all about IPs, KVM, VPS and stuff.

HTMLtag
2015-01-30, 02:26 PM
Geolocated IP's are mostly for SEO and Spam filtering.
https://www.ovh.co.uk/web-hosting/geolocation.xml

Basically in the whois listing for the IP, it will say another country.
A search engine may give higher ranking to a US user search to an US IP than a Canadian or European IP.

It does not affect the routing at all though, except OVH has dedicated blocks for US IPs and may be on a different physical internal router after a few hops.

Octopusss
2015-01-30, 01:55 PM
Quote Originally Posted by AdventureTime
So for the websites, I badly need 2 U.S-based IPs since most of the visitors are from the U.S. Do you guys have a U.S-based additional IP failover?
I am curious to know, what you are meaning with this sentence...

HTMLtag
2015-01-30, 12:04 PM
Hey,
Quick update, you can get US geolocated IP's but only if you order them 1 at a time. The option is not available for block orders.

HTMLtag
2015-01-30, 02:26 AM
Correct, but the notification will tell you the type of server and specs. You can just notice that the server you want is not what's available and discard the notification without visiting the site. The pushbullet team are always looking for suggestions. I may tell them that people subscribed to feeds may want to be able to whitelist and blacklist subscribed pushes by keywords.

AdventureTime
2015-01-30, 12:45 AM
Quote Originally Posted by HTMLtag
They should just show up when they come in.
The last server from the SoYouStart line it reported was 3hrs ago for E3-SAT-3. (I'm not sure when it last saw E3-SAT-2)
The last time it saw SYS-IP-2 was on Jan 26.

It's kinda set it and forget it thing. You will be notified of any SoYouStart Canada availability.
So what you are telling me is that the PushBullet thing that you did are all for Canadian servers? That app will notify me if there is an available Canadian server, regardless of the type of server?

HTMLtag
2015-01-30, 12:19 AM
They should just show up when they come in.
The last server from the SoYouStart line it reported was 3hrs ago for E3-SAT-3. (I'm not sure when it last saw E3-SAT-2)
The last time it saw SYS-IP-2 was on Jan 26.

It's kinda set it and forget it thing. You will be notified of any SoYouStart Canada availability.

AdventureTime
2015-01-29, 11:46 PM
You just install pushbullet on whatever device or clients you want and login with your user. You then subscribe to one of my services. I have thought about having individual server push subscriptions in the future, but for now, the number of pushes sent out are very limited due to OVH's availability. If you're trying to get a specific server, it is likely you will wait a long time. It's fine if you don't want to use it, but I think it's your best chance at getting any SoYouStart box at all... That was why I made it in the first place... just to see what's available and how often... then make a decision and go with one until one I really want come available. I settled, but have been happily functional with what I have.
I installed the PushBullet client on my iPhone. Then I logged in. As far as I know, I am already subscribed to your thing. I am just interested to get SYS-IP-2 or E3-SAT-2 in the Canadian server. I don't know how I can be notified for those servers.

HTMLtag
2015-01-29, 11:18 PM
You just install pushbullet on whatever device or clients you want and login with your user. You then subscribe to one of my services. I have thought about having individual server push subscriptions in the future, but for now, the number of pushes sent out are very limited due to OVH's availability. If you're trying to get a specific server, it is likely you will wait a long time. It's fine if you don't want to use it, but I think it's your best chance at getting any SoYouStart box at all... That was why I made it in the first place... just to see what's available and how often... then make a decision and go with one until one I really want come available. I settled, but have been happily functional with what I have.

AdventureTime
2015-01-29, 01:01 PM
You will need to make a SoYouStart US Server unless following the IE availability. I have a push notification service for the BHS server availability that is in the forum, it may help your odds at nabbing a server. As far as IP geolocation, does it have to be US or can it be Canada for North America. The biggest difference, I believe, is how the whois is listed for the IP's and not the routing themselves. I was never given the option with SoYouStart to pick between CA and US, although you can probably do so by contacting support. I highly recommend Proxmox. Note configuring your VM's networking is a little different than you would expect on OVH... but it's easy once you get your head around it.
PushBullet? I really have no idea how to use it. It's really not that user friendly. Plus, I can't specify the server that I want to monitor.

HTMLtag
2015-01-29, 12:46 PM
You will need to make a SoYouStart US Server unless following the IE availability. I have a push notification service for the BHS server availability that is in the forum, it may help your odds at nabbing a server. As far as IP geolocation, does it have to be US or can it be Canada for North America. The biggest difference, I believe, is how the whois is listed for the IP's and not the routing themselves. I was never given the option with SoYouStart to pick between CA and US, although you can probably do so by contacting support. I highly recommend Proxmox. Note configuring your VM's networking is a little different than you would expect on OVH... but it's easy once you get your head around it.

AdventureTime
2015-01-28, 03:56 AM
Hi,

I would like to confirm something regarding the additional failover IPs. I'm planning to cancel all of my VPS (servers) and just use one server which is either SYS-IP-1 or SYS-IP-2. I'm planning to install something that will allow me to have the KVM thingy. I don't know, I guess that's Proxmox. So, I would be creating 2-3 KVM-based servers. The first one is for my personal website. The second one is for hosting Wordpress-based websites of my friends and the third one is going to be my file backup/storage server, replacing my MediaFire account.

So for the websites, I badly need 2 U.S-based IPs since most of the visitors are from the U.S. Do you guys have a U.S-based additional IP failover? And can I use them in the KVM stuff that I'll be doing?

I've talked with OVH (North America, Ireland and UK) and So you Start (Canada, Ireland). They said that the U.S IPs are not available when the server that you ordered is located in Europe. It is only available in the North American data center, which is in Canada.

I've been waiting for more than 48 hours straight for the availability of servers in Canada and up until now, nothing is available.

Another thing, my So you Start account was created in So you Start Ireland.

Thanks.