We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

How I find hostname of my IP failover?

HTMLtag
2015-01-27, 01:59 PM
Failover IP's typically don't have a hostname assigned to them. They are designed to be portable and migration between your services.
You can use your own domain and setup A (address) records for the IPs and then after a little while (few hrs) of propagation, you can assign a reverse lookup record in the IPs tab for your service.

If you don't have your own domain or dns, there are plenty of free or cheap subdomain and dns hosting services out there. I personally would use something like namecheap and just get a cheap domain and use their free dns. A free service I like is http://freedns.afraid.org/

I hope this helps.

Toastek
2015-01-25, 04:45 PM
Assuming that the SoYouStart control panel is anything like Kimsufi's or the one on OVH.com, all you need to do to find your IP addresses and related hostnames is login to your server manager and click on the "IP" link at the top of the page.

mmichele
2015-01-25, 07:54 AM
I ordered a block of 4 ip failover and i need of related hostnames. I presume they are formed as nsxxxxxx.ip-yyy-yyy-yyy.eu, but I don't know what are xxxxxx numbers.

Thanks in advice.
Michele