We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Control Panel

brad2014
2015-01-21, 03:49 PM
Awesome... that worked... Thanks

For anyone wondering... If you go to the Manage IPs area you have a socket that gives you an option for reverse. It will allow you to set it (assuming your dns is right)

Xyberviri
2015-01-21, 12:28 PM
Hello,

you can add a reverse to your main server ip and then when you look in the control panel you will have "ns1234124234.whatever.com (server.reverse.com)" in the dropdown box and then on that main screen instead of seeing the ns name on the reverse you will see the reverse to the ip address.

the other way you can change that name is if you do a custom installation, you can name the machine during that step and then instead of seeing "ns123whatever" you will see that machine name. Unfortunately if your like me you already have a system installed and configured and this isn't really an option.

brad2014
2015-01-20, 05:22 PM
Is there a way to set the name in the control panel so I don't have to figure out ns948598734.up..... is my server xyz?

I thought about doing a secondary dns but I couldn't figure out how to make it work with my domain provider and I'm not even sure it will work.

Thanks,

Brad