We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

IMPORTANT! My server is suspended by your mistake !!!

Phil @ OVH
2015-01-20, 07:39 PM
Hello,

I would strongly advise you to contact the support team directly. As your account seems to be with SoyouStart Poland, you can contact them directly here: 71 750 02 88.

Also, this is the support forum for SoyouStart in North America. We only support accounts in our system.

Regards,
Phil C.

Cookies
2015-01-20, 01:20 PM
Quote Originally Posted by vkam77
I have full server backup from 3 days ago. I have a very paranoid approach to backup. I make backups on other servers everyday. This server was new and I'm still configuring it, so I have not set up backup for every day yet. But 3 days of my and other people work, that are working for me, and stored data would be wasted...
One thing you might also want to look into is https://jarvys.io/

Amazing backup service :/ that way if they do delete your data at least its quick to get it back.

But my experience OVH does not delete anything until 5 days out.. We where upgrading one of our servers let the old server expire found out 4~ days after that we missed a ton of files, reupped the server and where still able to get all the data. Good luck my friend

vkam77
2015-01-17, 06:07 PM
I have full server backup from 3 days ago. I have a very paranoid approach to backup. I make backups on other servers everyday. This server was new and I'm still configuring it, so I have not set up backup for every day yet. But 3 days of my and other people work, that are working for me, and stored data would be wasted...

Octopusss
2015-01-17, 05:16 PM
So if they told you the hd will remain untouched for 5 days, then they will honor this. So hopefully you might be able to get it up. Now, I feel like you don't have off-site backup... Rule #1 of sys admin, you need to make regular backups, and store them "elsewhere". Hope all goes well for you.

vkam77
2015-01-17, 05:11 PM
Do you know if they erase data before 5 days in practice?

They wrote me in an automatic notice in an email, that data won't be erased until 5 days. I hope not...

Octopusss
2015-01-17, 05:04 PM
I see, that sucks. Unfortunately, I guess nothing could be done until Monday. I hope you had a back up of your data, in case the HDs have already been erased. If you have a proof that you requested only the KVM to be refunded, you can produce this to sue OVH , or at least negotiate a commercial deal.

You can always try to tweet @olesovhcom

vkam77
2015-01-17, 05:01 PM
That's not the point.

Server was active from 26.12.2014 and my payment was OK.

The problem is that I just wanted a refund for the KVM which wasn't working (I ordered it on 2.01.2015), but they made a refund for the KVM and the server and they suspended the server. I didn't want to resign from the server. They made mistake!!!

Octopusss
2015-01-17, 04:45 PM
"return of the payment", are you sure that this is not because your bank card or Paypal payment hasn't been rejected? It sounds more like that. For example, if you used a stolen bank card, it's possible the owner discovered the charge and voided the transaction...

vkam77
2015-01-17, 02:03 PM
I need an urgent intervention in the matter of ns3314210 server.

The server has been suspended by your mistake.
Today at 3 PM I received an email with the information about the return of the payment for the server and the server was immediately suspended, although I didn't ask for it. I was informed about the suspension in the next email. I don't have any possibility to pay for the server, because after clicking the given link I see an information like this:
There is no option for this service ns3314210 .......
Enter the domain again, if it's name is misspelled.

I called your support, but the technician I spoke with, couldn't do anything about it allegedly. Polish suppert works from Monday to Friday only. The server have been suspended on Saturday, when there is no contact to you and there is nothing that I can do. I have no access to my services at the servere. In addition, I do not know what is happening with my server now, whether or not the data was deleted immediately ...

I remind that on January 2, 2015 you have activated he KVM service, that I ordered earlier. It didn't work properly – anyone could access my server without a password, so I've asked you for turning off the KVM and I wanted refund for it. It turned out that you refunded money not only for KVM, what I asked, but also for the server, what I did not ask, without any notice to me about this. I do not know how could you behave in such an unprofessional way, acting of the detriment of your client !!! I demand for an immediate intervention.