We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

100GB Backup space...,,how to access it?

Danix4u
2014-12-08, 10:41 PM
OVH any comment?

vectr0n
2014-12-05, 06:45 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Danix4u
Vector,

This documentation from OVH on http://docs.ovh.ca/en/services-backup-storage.html , so I am not sure I understand here what needs to be done and why do I need to change the hostname? Can you investigate more? If I did not change the name, is that's fine?
I have no idea why they require you to change the hostname. If you have been able to FTPS already then, I wouldn't worry about changing the hostname. An OVH Staff member would have the best answer, so we will have to be patient on that answer.

Danix4u
2014-12-05, 11:17 AM
Vector,

This documentation from OVH on http://docs.ovh.ca/en/services-backup-storage.html , so I am not sure I understand here what needs to be done and why do I need to change the hostname? Can you investigate more? If I did not change the name, is that's fine?

vectr0n
2014-12-05, 10:21 AM
In the documentation it says I need to change the host name see below

lftp use FTPS by default. So you must change the hostname of the backup storage. For example, if the name of your backup storage is ftpback-rbxX-YYY.ovh.net, you need to change it for ftpback-rbxX-YYY.mybackup.ovh.net.

Also, which method is more secure FTPS or Curl?
I would assume they want you to change it due to SSL certificates. Curl is just a tool to use, it supports more then just FTPS. I suggest you do some research on Curl.

Danix4u
2014-12-03, 10:47 PM
In the documentation it says I need to change the host name see below

lftp use FTPS by default. So you must change the hostname of the backup storage. For example, if the name of your backup storage is ftpback-rbxX-YYY.ovh.net, you need to change it for ftpback-rbxX-YYY.mybackup.ovh.net.

Also, which method is more secure FTPS or Curl?

vectr0n
2014-11-28, 11:14 PM
How can I change the hostname of my 100GB backup host?
You are not able to change the hostname for backup unfortunately.

Danix4u
2014-11-28, 11:13 PM
How can I change the hostname of my 100GB backup host?

vectr0n
2014-11-28, 09:36 AM
SOS,

I have 100GB Backup space, but how can I use it? I did not receive any email from you on how to use it or what are the steps to transfer my files to that 100GB. Please if you can provide me with guidance and if there is link to page I can read, that will be great.
You can find your answer here: http://docs.ovh.ca/en/services-backup-storage.html

It applies to SYS as well.

Danix4u
2014-11-27, 10:35 PM
SOS,

I have 100GB Backup space, but how can I use it? I did not receive any email from you on how to use it or what are the steps to transfer my files to that 100GB. Please if you can provide me with guidance and if there is link to page I can read, that will be great.