We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

My server located in Canada, can I choose a US IP?

Octopuss
2014-11-30, 05:01 AM
For SSL, go with Namecheap, they are very cheap and good, and tomorrow, they'll have special sales for Cyber Monday with again more cheap offers.

vectr0n
2014-11-20, 12:34 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Danix4u
What do you use the 13 IPs for?
VM's for clients and friends. And it's 16* IP's, not 13, lol.

Danix4u
2014-11-19, 08:03 PM
What do you use the 13 IPs for?

vectr0n
2014-11-18, 08:21 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Danix4u
I need to buy an SSL, and I know that I need another IP for SSL. Shall I go ahead an order an additional IP or would you recommend to go with 4 IPs just in case I need to add a firewall or more servers in the future.

I do not know what is the difference between fairlover IPs and regular IPs?
SYS doesn't give you the option to order SSL certificates. You would have to get one from another provider. I don't even think OVH sells SSL certificates. As for the number of IP's. I personally have the full 16 IP's that I am allowed and I usually always have 2-3 IP's free for whatever comes down the road. You can always order them after the initial server order, and the IP setup fee would be the same if you picked it during the initial order or after the fact from within the panel. All additional IP's order are considered Failover IP's. The "fixed IP" of the server would be what they consider to be a "regular" IP. Hope this info helps

Danix4u
2014-11-18, 08:02 PM
I need to buy an SSL, and I know that I need another IP for SSL. Shall I go ahead an order an additional IP or would you recommend to go with 4 IPs just in case I need to add a firewall or more servers in the future.

I do not know what is the difference between fairlover IPs and regular IPs?

Danix4u
2014-11-18, 07:50 PM
Thank you !

Phil @ OVH
2014-11-18, 07:55 AM
Hello,

The server's IP will remain Canadian, but you can always order a failover IP which is geo-located in the United States if you wish.

Regards,
Phil C.

Danix4u
2014-11-17, 10:40 PM
My server located in Canada, can I choose a US IP? will you be able to route a US destination IP to Canada?