We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Windows server on BK-24T?

heise
2014-11-06, 08:35 PM
See signature on manually installing Windows.

wolfman1360
2014-10-29, 11:58 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Phil @ OVH
Hello,

The reason that Windows isn't available on that server is that Windows doesn't have any native drivers for the motherboard and network card we use for it. There would be no way for the customer to connect in after installation to install the required drivers, so Windows is not available for that system.

Regards,
Phil C.
Hello Phil,
Since I am new to all of this, how exactly would I go about installing windows on another server? I'm visually impaired - does remote desktop default to having sound or is there an option to enable this during the installation? Or can I change certain settings through the online 'control panel'?
Also, the particular server I am looking at, the E3-SAT-3, will the 2 2tb drives be in one partition while giving the operating system a fraction of it? Or how does that work?
Thanks for any and all help.

Phil @ OVH
2014-10-29, 08:17 AM
Hello,

The reason that Windows isn't available on that server is that Windows doesn't have any native drivers for the motherboard and network card we use for it. There would be no way for the customer to connect in after installation to install the required drivers, so Windows is not available for that system.

Regards,
Phil C.

wolfman1360
2014-10-25, 08:17 PM
Quote Originally Posted by vectr0n
Unfortunately they don't have a set time or day they release hardware. I know they have been tossing around a few ideas for server availability. Like with the Kimsufi line they have a twitter account for availability.

https://twitter.com/kimsufi_avail

But nothing yet for the OVH/SYS brands.
Aha, wasn't sure on that. Hopefully they come up with something - too bad you can't preorder, although I guess it would take a while to be filled.
Still confused on windows installation though. Hmm.

vectr0n
2014-10-25, 07:32 PM
Quote Originally Posted by wolfman1360
Is there an interval the site is updated? I take it when someone cancels a server is available, is it instantaneous?
Unfortunately they don't have a set time or day they release hardware. I know they have been tossing around a few ideas for server availability. Like with the Kimsufi line they have a twitter account for availability.

https://twitter.com/kimsufi_avail

But nothing yet for the OVH/SYS brands.

wolfman1360
2014-10-25, 07:27 PM
Quote Originally Posted by vectr0n
There is no way to be notified of when servers become available. You have to keep checking the site. As mentioned a few times in the forums it's due to high demand as not many providers can offer what OVH/SYS/KS offers for it's price points.
Is there an interval the site is updated? I take it when someone cancels a server is available, is it instantaneous?

vectr0n
2014-10-25, 07:19 PM
Quote Originally Posted by wolfman1360
Also, is there a way I can be informed when one of these servers are back in stock? As the Canadian soyoustart site has absolutely 0 servers in stock, or so it seems. thanks
There is no way to be notified of when servers become available. You have to keep checking the site. As mentioned a few times in the forums it's due to high demand as not many providers can offer what OVH/SYS/KS offers for it's price points.

wolfman1360
2014-10-25, 05:03 PM
Under the BK-24T server, it says that there is no windows server available. Is there any particular reason for this or is there something I am missing?
Also, is there a way I can be informed when one of these servers are back in stock? As the Canadian soyoustart site has absolutely 0 servers in stock, or so it seems.

thanks